The tool to check the availability or syntax of domains, IPv4, IPv6 or URL.¶
PyFunceble is the little sister of Funceble which was archived on 13th March 2018.
Its main objective is to provide the availability of domains, IPs and since recently URL by generating an accurate result based on results from WHOIS, NSLOOKUP and HTTP status codes.
PyFunceble is currently running actively and daily with the help of Travis CI under 60+ repositories. It is used to clean or test the availability of data which are present in hosts files, list of IP, list of domains, block lists or even AdBlock filter lists.
PyFunceble provides some useful features for continuous testing.
As an example, its auto-continue system coupled with its auto-save system allows it to run nice and smoothly under Travis CI without even reaching Travis CI time restriction. In the other side, its internal inactive database system let
INVALID caught domains, IPs or URLs being automatically retested over time on next run.
- From a terminal
- From a GitLab CI/CD environment
- From a Travis CI container
- Using the PyFunceble (Python) API
- Get the availability of domains or IP
- Get the availability of URL
- Complete dataset while getting the avaibility of domains, IPs or URL
- Set custom configuration index while getting the avaibility of domains, IPs or URL
- Check the syntax of domains
- Check the syntax of IPv4s
- Check the syntax of URLs
- Expiration Date
- HTTP Code
- AdBlock/Filter list decoding
- Certificate verification
- Complements Generation
- Custom DNS Server
- Custom User-Agent
- Databases types
- Directory Structure
- DNS Lookup
- Environment variables
- Execution time
- List filtering
- IANA Root Zone Database
- Test in/for local hostnames, IPs, components
- Logs Sharing
- Outputed Files
- The Public Suffix List
- Whois Lookup
- Logic representation